In October 2020, our club will celebrate its 100th birthday. We plan to commemorate this landmark occasion by giving a gift to this community that will keep on giving.
This gift is based on our ability to build our funds held with the Community Foundation that enable us to award grants and scholarships. Collectively, these funds are called the First Century Trust, and now total just over $500,000. Some of these funds were the result of bequests from former Rotarians Meredith Young and Wayne Neely, while other Rotary funds were created and grown thanks to your gifts and pledges.
Our goal is to reach $1 million in the First Century Trust by October 2020 and use the estimated five percent it will generate annually to fund community service partnerships and projects.
We’d like to ask you to consider helping us raise the rest of the money we need to make this plan a reality. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- There are four recognition levels:
- Bronze ($5,000)
- Silver ($10,000)
- Gold ($25,000)
- Platinum ($50,000)
- Pledges may be paid over a five-year period.
- Gifts are encouraged to be added to The First Century Trust Fund but gifts to other funds benefiting Rotary’s community impact will be considered.
- Gifts exceeding $25,000 may be used to start a new fund in your name to benefit Rotary.
- Planned gifts such as bequests, charitable remainder trusts, etc. are also gratefully accepted.
Our club was not only the first Rotary club in Frederick, but among the first to be chartered nationwide. Our founders had the vision to inaugurate a force in this community that would improve the quality of life not just for their generation but for generations to come.
Now, nearly a century later, we have the opportunity to do the same thing. Please consider continuing this legacy of community service by supporting our First Century Trust.